Administration & Finance Section
- To manage acquisition of fixed asset, inventory, library services and materials through written quotation according to a fix period of time.
- To arrange relevant training/course programmes for staff consistent with current needs.
Information Services & Research Section
- To provide consultancy services in helping users to obtain information and use the library effectively
- To provide library skills classes to all level of users
- To ensure library services, materials and facilities are being fully utilized by the user through library promotion
- To plan and provide services based on specific information so as to support UTM R&D efforts.
- To provide easy access of information from UTM Library subscribed databases and other information sources.
- To offer skills classes/workshops to researchers/users with regard to databases usage/information searching.
Resource Development & Catalog Section
- To acquire and make available relevant materials in the form of book, magazine/journal, electronic media, audiovisual material, map, aerial photograph and others to support the learning, teaching, research, consultancy and services requirements.
- To catalogue, classify, process and digitize material obtained according to established standard and to ensure the availability of bibliographic record as well as accessible via OCEAN.
Collection Management Section
- To deliver competent and efficient counter service
- To carry out preservation and conservation activities of UTM special collection materials
- To provide users with services and facilities of accessing media materials
- To collect, document, preserve, exhibit and interpret material proof and information by means of informal education for general benefit
- To develop, manage and monitor of UTM galleries.
- To develop, manage and research of GALERIUM UTM’s collections.
- To share knowledge and information through exhibitions, educational programs and publications.
- To conserve GALERIUM UTM’s collections.
- To collaborate with other institutions for the benefit of GALERIUM UTM.
- To develop and collect multimedia materials for improving library services and supporting the element of University’s 7Ps.
- To maintain and conserve UTM media materials and equipments for future legacy.
Information Services, Research & Circulation Section
- To provide consultancy and research support services in helping users to obtain information and use the library effectively.
- To ensure library services, materials, and facilities are being fully utilised by users through library promotion.
- To ensure information and materials requested by users are delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
- To equip postgraduates and undergraduates information searching skill via user education programme.
- To provide easy access of information from subscribed online databases and other information sources.
- To provide an efficient and user-friendly counter service.
- To monitor and manage the Raja Zarith Sofiah Gallery and the Eminent Researchers Gallery.
- To provide IT infrastructure & facility for the library.
- To expand IT usage in all library activities.
- To make available IT services to other divisions in the library.
- To support UTM Library in inculcating knowledge based culture amongst UTM community.
Metadata Repository Section
- To manage developments and activities related to UTM-IR and to ascertain the accessibility of records through UTM-IR.
To digitize audio visual materials, audio, video and multimedia productions to support the purpose of learning, teaching, research and consultancy in library services.