RESEARCH CANVAS COMPETITION 2021
In the spirit of improving scientific communication skills and to create a platform for community-based research, UTM Library and Springer Nature together with UTM Alumni, are thrilled to invite all students to participate in the 4th UTM Research Canvas Competition 2021 starting from 4th July to 22nd August 2021.
However, this year we would love the participants to share their research and ideas relating to at least one (maximum three) of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals in their canvas. At its heart, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forest.
Read more on 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) here – https://sdgs.un.org/goals
STAND A CHANCE TO WIN ATTRACTIVE PRIZES
Grand Prize (a brand new laptop with accessories)
Third place &
10 consolation prizes
What is Research Canvas?
Research Canvas Competition is a multidisciplinary competition that invites participants to share their research and ideas through text and illustrations. The goal of the canvas is that it can be easily understood by all walks of life just by looking at the poster and without a presenter being present. The canvas can be created with the help of computers, cameras, or other devices.
What Should I Highlight in My Research Canvas?
Your Research Canvas MUST include the followings:
- the key challenge(s) you are attempting to solve
- the key message(s) of your research
- the propose solutions/findings of your research
- the relation of your research to at least one (maximum 3) of the 17 SDGs
Who are Qualified to Join?
- UTM undergraduate students with active final year projects
- UTM postgraduate students (Masters & PhD) who are currently conducting their research
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participation is on an individual basis. Only one entry per person. Any individual submitting more than one entry will be disqualified.
- Research Canvas Competition is a multidisciplinary competition that invites participants to share their research and ideas through text and illustrations.
- The goal of the canvas is that it can be easily understood by all walks of life just by looking at the canvas and without a presenter being present.
- The canvas can be created with the help of computers, cameras or other devices.
- Research Canvas MUST highlight:
* the key challenge(s) you are attempting to solve
* the key message(s) of your research
* the propose solutions/findings of your research
* the relation of your research to at least one (maximum 3) of the 17 SDGs
of your choice.
- The canvas must conform to the technical specifications (canvas not conforming to these requirements will not be eligible for competition). Download the template HERE. Kindly refer to the poster below:
7. Submission must be made LATEST by 5.00 pm, 22nd August 2021
8. Once submitted, the Research Canvas will be the property of the organiser and the organiser has the right to publish or reprint in all kinds of publication for promotion or others
9. Accepted entries will be displayed in UTM Library Portal at http://library.utm.my/research-canvas-competition-2021
10. An independent panel of judges will evaluate the submissions based on the criteria below:
a) Ease of understanding and clarity of messages being portrayed by the
b) Semantics of understanding compared to the description of the
research that was originally submitted
c) Originality and creativity of the design, “eye-catcher” and uniqueness of
d) Overall quality of the presentation of the Research Canvas.
11. The judges’ decisions are FINAL
12. Shortlisted participants will be notified by email.