WHAT IS INTERLIBRARY LOAN?
Interlibrary Interlibrary loan (ILL) assists scholarly research by obtaining library materials unavailable in UTM Library. This service is eligible to all UTM staff and students. ILL locates needed materials by borrowing books or obtaining photocopied materials on behalf of UTM Library patron from other libraries/institutions inside or outside the country.
Requests are restricted to materials required for teaching or research purposes The loan period for interlibrary loans is determined by the lending library and the material should be returned before the due date. Loans policies are dependent on the terms and conditions set by the lending libraries.A replacement fee (to be determined by the lending library) will be charged to the requestors for damage or loss books.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE APPLYING FOR INTERLIBRARY LOAN?
- Before applying for Interlibrary Loan, please check the availability of the item in PSZ collection (via OPAC and PSZ subscribed online databases). ILL is only applicable for item which is NOT AVAILABLE in UTM Library
- Item requested must not be on loan by other user. Reservation can be made via OPAC if the item is on loan.
- For each application you made, you will be charged RM2.00. This is a processing fee and it is non-refundable. Payment must be made at the Circulation Counter, PSZ after you have received the confirmation reply.
- Applications to other branches are free.
- A maximum of five (5) titles are allowed per application. Fill in all the required information in the interlibrary loan form correctly.