RESEARCH CANVAS COMPETITION 2020
In the spirit of improving scientific communication skills and to create a platform for community-based research,
UTM Library and SpringerNature are thrilled to invite all students to participate in the Research Canvas Competition 2020 starting from 23rd August to 13th September 2020.
REGISTRATION IS FREE!
Submit your Research Canvas at https://bit.ly/RC2020submit
STAND A CHANCE TO WIN ATTRACTIVE PRIZES!
Grand prize (A Brand New Laptop with accessories)
Third place &
10 Consolation prizes
For more details, please contact:
Haliza Binti Zainal – 07 553 0027 / firstname.lastname@example.org or
Nor Shaliza Mohd Basarudin – 07-5530529 / email@example.com
*All participants will receive an e-certificate of participation.
What is Research Canvas?
Research Canvas is an illustration of your research into charts, pictures, drawings, images, and graphs that can be easily understood by all walks of life. It can be created with the help of computers, cameras or other devices.
What Should I Highlight in My Research Canvas?
Your Research Canvas MUST include the followings:
- the key challenge(s) you are attempting to solve
- the key message(s) of your research
- the propose solutions/findings of your research
Who are Qualified to Join?
- Undergraduate students with active final year projects
- Postgraduate students (Masters & PhD) who are currently conducting their research
Terms and Conditions
- Participation is on an individual basis. Only one entry per person. Any individual submitting more than one entry will be disqualified.
- Research Canvas is an illustration of your research into charts, pictures, drawings, images, and graphs that can be easily understood by all walks of life. It can be created with the help of computers, cameras or other devices.
- Research Canvas MUST highlight:
* the key challenge(s) you are attempting to solve
* the key message(s) of your research
* the propose solutions/findings of your research
- Indicate your NAME and STUDENT ID at the bottom page of your Research Canvas.
- The Research Canvas MUST be in electronic format:
* Portable Document Format (PDF)
* 1 file
* Maximum size should not exceed 1 MB
6. Submit your Research Canvas LATEST by 13th September 2020 at https://bit.ly/RC2020submit
7. Once submitted, the Research Canvas will be the property of the organisers and the organisers have the right to publish or to reprint in all kinds of publications for promotion or others.
8. The Research Canvas will be displayed in UTM Library Portal at http://library.utm.my/research-canvas-competition-2020
9. An independent panel of judges will evaluate the submissions based on the criteria below:
* Ease of understanding and clarity of messages being portrayed by the overall ‘project’
* Semantics of understanding compared to the description of the ‘project’ that was originally submitted
* Originality and creativity of the design, ‘eye-catcher’ and uniqueness of ideas
* Overall quality of the presentation of the Research Canvas
10. The judge’s decisions are FINAL.
11. Shortlisted participants will be notified by email.